How to Make Wax for Hair Removal: Simple Method
Waxing is one of the most effective ways to remove unwanted body hair. It is the removal of all hair below the surface of the skin and is one of the most effective methods of temporary hair removal. That is why we are going to teach you how to make wax to depilate quickly and easily with few materials to use.
Any area of the body can be waxed, but that does not mean that every area must have your hair removed. Women usually have fine hair in some parts of the face, back and chest, although some want to remove it is better to leave them on the skin.
On the other hand, men have thicker hair in those same areas so it can be waxed without problems. The most common areas include:
- Upper Lip
- Bikini Area
Waxing may not be an option for the secure area if retinoids or alpha hydroxy acids are used. It is important to mention this to your aesthetician or area professional to avoid losing pieces of skin when removing.
How to Depilate Without Pain
The first time you wax in an area is a painful experience; however, with time and frequency, the hair tends to be finer making the experience less uncomfortable.
Here are some simple steps you can take to reduce discomfort in the area:
- Find a professional
This does not mean anyone with a license, but someone who is experienced. They will use the most suitable mixture for the hair, apply the product and keep the skin firm by pulling it in the right direction at the right speed.
- Use a body scrub
A thick but gentle body scrub will help dead cells around the pores and hair follicle, providing an easier exit.
- Avoid using ice
Applying anything cold to the skin contracts the pores. Relaxed pores are ideal for reducing pain.
- Avoid alcohol
Alcoholic beverages in the body can cause skin sensitivity. It can dehydrate, creating water retention and causing the skin to swell. Drink enough water to hydrate the body and skin.
- Don’t wax where you shouldn’t
The inside of the ears, nipples and male genitals should not be waxed. Similarly, avoid using it on sunburned or irritated skin, warts, moles, cuts, or pimples.
Another way to reduce discomfort at the time of the procedure is to take a deep breath, a relaxed person will cope with pain easily.
Types of wax for depilation
There are many types of techniques; however the hot one is the most popular. Know the different types of procedures that will help you reduce the amount of hair quickly as well as control its growth.
- Soft Wax
Also known as strip depilation. In this method, a thin layer of soft wax is applied in the direction of hair growth and then quickly removed in the opposite direction, removing the hair with it.
It is made by different companies, and the quality varies greatly. You will find some that use the creamy base and others that use honey. They are also based on certain ingredients that they include:
- Tea Tree
To be effective:
- A quarter inch of hair growth is required to successfully remove hair from the skin.
- After cleansing, a little powder or talc is applied to absorb extra moisture and also to provide a barrier in the skin.
- Warm, soft wax
It is found mainly in a kind of pot that is often softened in the microwave or in a heater. It is one of the best techniques because the heat makes it easy to spread and also softens the skin by decreasing the pain at the time of removal.
- Cold soft wax
It is taken directly from the pot and applied to the skin. It is firmer, which means that you may have difficulty trying to get an even layer. Many people find that it is a more painful process than when it is heated.
One drawback of this technique is that it can leave the hair behind if not applied correctly.
- Prefabricated strips
In this case, they are strips that already have the wax attached. This type is not only easier to use, but also leaves no chance of putting too much of the product.
Depending on the amount of hair you are removing, you can use the strips more than once in a single area. However, it is always advisable to preheat them before use, for this you could rub them between the palms as this allows them to adhere well to the hair.
To use them properly, just place them on the skin and remove them in the opposite direction to the hair growth.
- Hard Wax
This is another popular method of hair removal. It does not require a strip of cloth or to remove it.
It is often heated slightly but can be used at room temperature or cold.
It is applied in a thicker layer than the soft one.
Works very well for areas with coarse hair growth.
But it is also useful for smaller, more sensitive areas.
How to make wax for waxing at home
If you want to skip the appointment in the salon and try the hair removal on your own, learn a simple recipe to make it at home.
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup honey
½ cup lemon juice
1 tablespoon water (optional)
In making the mixture, you must follow the following procedure:
- Melt the sugar: in a medium saucepan, add the sugar and cook over medium-high heat, not stirring until it begins to caramelize.
- Add honey and lemon juice: stir with a wooden spoon. Be careful, the sugar will be sparkling and very hot.
- Continue stirring until the mixture has melted and has the consistency of a dough. If it is too thick, add one tablespoon of the liquid at a time until it has the correct texture.
This is a natural method that will not cause problems on your skin. Once it’s ready, let it cool a little before you use it.
Steps to make use of it:
- Check the length of the hair you want to remove. It should ideally be between 3mm and 6mm long.
- Prepare the fabric strips. You can cut or tear a walk of cotton or linen.
- Use baby powder before applying. This will absorb oils and moisture from the body, allowing the wax to stick to the hair and not the skin, making the process much less painful.
- Apply it. Use a low wood tongue or a spatula, apply in the place of your preference, in the direction of hair growth.
- Press on the tissue. Take a strip of cloth, place it over the mixture and rub it in the direction of hair growth.
- Remove the fabric. Keep the skin taut by pulling a dot below the edge of the strip and pull it back against the direction of hair growth quickly.
- Store any remaining mixture in the refrigerator in an airtight container. You can even reuse the fabric strips you used. Wash them with hot water and remove any excess wax.