How to Depilate With Cold Wax: 4 Simple Steps
You knew there are ways to learn how to wax with cold wax. One of the main options for depilation of any part of our body is the alternative to cold wax. This, as it is well known, is chosen because aside from removing the hairs from the skin entirely from its root, it slows down its growth until 5 or 6 weeks later.
This alternative has 3 main variants: it creates hot, warm wax and creates cold. When people come to these, often do not know what benefits, when and how to depilate with each of these three. For this reason, today we will illustrate to you the art of depilation of what is, without a doubt, its most versatile variant: cold wax.
Characteristics of Cold Wax
However, there are many well-defined peculiarities that allow us to differentiate this method. It is precisely these that define it as a versatile method of depilation:
- Unlike other alternatives, cold wax can be applied to any part of our body.
- The components of irritation are exempt from this procedure because, as is natural, the temperature at which it is applied molds to that of the surface of the epidermis.
- In the same sense, it is impossible for burns to occur with this as if it is, for example, with hot wax.
- Likewise, the wax can be applied by anyone regardless of experience or not.
- Frequent depilation with this type of wax promotes finer growth of skin hairs.
As you can see, the 5 aspects that we present to you make it a perfect depilation technique. Perhaps its most important feature is the fact that it can be applied naturally to any surface of the skin. This allows you to enjoy its benefits in any area of our body, so it’s time to know what these are once and for all.
Benefits of Cold Depilatory Wax
Beyond the marvelous characteristics that define it, are the unique benefits by which every day more people put aside the hot wax and move to use it without delay. The main ones are:
It achieves a professional finish without the need to go to beauty centers, all this from the comfort of your home.
- It is a simple and more economical method than the other two types of wax.
- It is aimed, above all, at women who have very sensitive skin and cannot use the hot alternative.
- It is ideal for the depilation of the pubic zone, of the armpits, and any other place where the epidermis is thinner than in the other regions.
- It is less painful than its sisters, and subsequent depilations are less and less painless.
- Cold wax bands are reusable.
Some Drawbacks of Waxing
But naturally not all methods have only positive sides, cold wax has its weaknesses in some aspects that may make this method not the right one for you. So, to prevent this, we have prepared the most important ones so that you can meditate on them and decide for this alternative or not:
- This alternative is more complicated to spread than hot wax so we will need a little more time for hair removal to be satisfactory.
- Since the additive component is smaller, cold wax can only release hairs greater than 0.5 millimetres in length from the root. So we have to let them grow a little to use this procedure again.
- Its texture may cause discomfort to the touch in some people, although this is undoubtedly better than the unpleasant burns with hot wax.
- With this method, you should depilate in the direction of natural hair growth, not in the opposite direction, so it takes considerably and also sometimes it is necessary to review some areas a couple of times.
How to Depilate With Cold, Painless Wax
All right! All right! After so much preamble, and after having illustrated the pros and cons of using this type of hair removal, it is time for you to know without delay the proper way to carry it out without experiencing any unpleasant effects. To do this, proceed as follows:
- The cold wax is applied using strips covered with additive components. To enhance even more the effect of elimination, first of all, we are going to rub it on our hands for at least 5 minutes. Before doing this, remember to have the surface that you will depilate properly hydrated and exfoliated.
- After this, you will detach the bandages and place them on your skin progressively; starting at one end and ending at the other, making sure to press firmly as you attach them to your skin. Press it firmly once you have done this to reinforce its rose with the hairs.
- Finally, all that is left for you to do is to remove it with one quick movement to avoid experiencing as little pain as possible; likewise, we remind you not to do it in the opposite direction to its growth, instead, in its natural course. If you notice that there are one or two hairs left, just adhere the band again until it is completely removed.
- Once all this is done, make sure you take a shower with cold water to open the skin pores. Wash the area you depilated well to remove any wax residue that may have been impregnated there. Also, don’t forget to exfoliate the entire area immediately after you’ve finished.
- Avoid exposing the depilated area to the sun until 5 hours after the depilation.
- Wear loose-fitting garments for the first 24 hours to prevent skin roses.
- Don’t do any high-performance sports that make you sweat excessively to avoid irritating squares.